WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE….A TEACHER!
CARLEE LEARNS A SURPRISING LESSON!
Genre: Children’s Books/Careers
Series: When I Grow Up I Want To Be…..#2
Source: Received for an honest review from the publisher.
- Age Range: 6 and up
- Series: When I Grow Up I Want To Be…
- Paperback: 60 pages
- Publisher: Wigu Publishing; 1st edition (December 3, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1939973082
- ISBN-13: 978-1939973085
Carlee always wanted to be a teacher when she grew up, until her mother is hired as a teacher at her school! Some of her friends are even in her mother’s class. Carlee is worried. What will her friends say? Will her mother do something to embarrass her? Carlee vows never to become a teacher like her mother, but as she journeys through the first day of school with her own new teacher, Carlee makes some surprising discoveries.
- “A fun story to enjoy with an important lesson about peer-group pressure, real or imagined. In a class by itself.” -William H. Weintraub, Professor, University of Colorado, School of Journalism and Mass Communications
- “When I Grow Up I Want To Be…a Teacher! is a wonderful story about learning and teaching. As a teacher myself, I value the way Carlee’s dilemma allows her to actively engage with all she is learning on the first day of school. Her story is one that will capture the imagination of young readers. Parents will appreciate the emphasis on knowledge and the choices that Carlee considers. History and science are conveyed in a fun and entertaining, as well as relevant, way.” -Patricia O’Brien, Dean Emeritus of the College of Letters and Science, UCLA
- “Great book. Great inspiration. Recommended for everyone who wants to grow up to be someone special, doing something worthwhile.” -Dr. Theresa Daem, Superintendent, Laguna Beach Unified School District (retired). Chairman, NASS, National Association of School Superintendents
And other fine retailers!
WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE…..A TEACHER!: Carlee Learns a Surprising Lesson! by Wigu Publishing is a wonderful Children’s Book/Careers. #2 in the “When I Grow Up I Want To Be…..” series, and of course is a stand alone.
See, “When I Grow Up I Want To Be…..in the U.S. Army!: Jake Learns a about the U.S. Army.
I absolutely love this series for ages 6-up! What an exciting way for youngsters to learn about teachers, peer pressure, history, science and the the decision making.
A fun, educational, informative yet entertaining tale, which is filled with creative illustrations.
I would highly recommend this series, as well as this title to educators, parents, grand-parents, librarians, and young readers. Anyone who enjoys entertaining, informative, and exciting reads! A must read! Well done again!
Received for an honest review from the publisher.
HEAT RATING: NONE
REVIEWED BY: AprilR, courtesy of My Book Addiction and More